Five years ago, reports were coming up everywhere that SMS communication was on the decline and would soon meet its end. However according to mail up, not only did the presence of SMS in the marketing world grow to an astonishing $56 billion in 2017, it was also predicted to be worth over $90 billion by 2021.
SMS communication has remained very resilient because it comes pre installed on every mobile device and since every phone has it, it is an opt out rather than an opt in system.
Here are some interesting facts about the future of SMS communication.
- Smartphone usage is expected to increase to 77% of the global population by 2025.
- 4G became the leading mobile network technology worldwide in 2019, with a projected 3 billion connections.
- There are about 1.2 billion 5G connections predicted globally by the end of 2025. Most of them will be from China the U.S. and Japan, as well as most of Europe since these four areas are leading the world in 5G deployment.
- By 2025, two-thirds of mobile connections will be on high-speed networks.
- Researchers predict 6 billion people will send and receive SMS text messages by 2025.
- By 2025, a predicted 61% of the world’s population will access the internet from their mobile phones.
- Globally, the amount of people who send and receive text messages is predicted to rise to 5.9 billion by 2025.
At Beem, we understand that SMS is very far from being a dead technology in the marketing world therefore, we continue improving our bulk SMS Service to serve our customers better each day. Statics show that text messaging and mobile usage isn’t slowing down any time soon. In fact, reports project it will keep growing at a strong pace through 2019 until at least 2025. It’s not a trend that will pass us by, mobile is a force that’s here to stay.